Thursday, January 17, 2013

Album Review!

Rihanna's new album 'Unapologetic' gives me mixed vibes. For her seventh studio album Unapologetic is a flat album from the most pop culture driven artist on the charts right now. However talking about the controversial Chris Brown collaboration 'Nobody's Business', I can describe it as one in the eye for the kind of person who tells you modern pop music has nothing new to offer. Lol

I think the collection is "a mixed bag", and the first half of the album is full of abrasively ear-catching sound effects only, no real substance in the lyrics.

To add to the failed artistic attempt to be an innovative Pop star I wasn't appreciative of the second half of the album it switches to ballads, disco, reggae and naff rock for a gob-smacking defense of her confused love for R'n'B star Chris Brown". I will also note that Rihanna hasn't truly broken her mold of being overly edgy to make up for her lacking in vocal talent.

Also flipping through more styles than Lady GaGa at a sample sale doesn't make this album a winner, but she's delivered just enough to keep the "Brand Rihanna" chugging along.

To rate the album I would say 2 bullets out of 5.

I'm sure her fans will love it, but if you are a true art lover you will be disappointed.

@Will1Star Twitter
Will T Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment