Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Daddy Talk

A HOT THREESOME!

Too often we live life without thinking about consequences. There are numerous eruptions of doubts and regrets from our decision making.  

In my life, I have never been so pleased and so fulfilled in this triangle of a love affair that has me habituated.  So addicted, that I wake up pondering on these ladies that are by my side every day.  I’ll kiss one and then call the other one over for a kiss as well. I always end up with a big cheesy smile on my face like a big kid in a candy store.These two angels became my religion and “saved” me.  They are my beautiful daughters.  They have altered my life in a way that nothing in this universe has.  

Even though, there are startling statistics showing the increased absence of a black father in a child’s life, I am counteracting that with the presence of one.  My marriage did not last and a divorce was inevitable.  While going through that transition, I never involved my children in the divorce battle because I wasn’t divorcing them, I was divorcing their mom.  Never once did they disturb my life, but I integrated them in my world. What I was not prepared for was how I would become acclimated into their lives.  




Because of this trio, life enrolled me into “Mr. Mom” school and I graduated with honors.  I take a breath today proud of the moments where I had to learn how to braid, put in a relaxer in, teach them how to cook, talk to them about boys, teach them how to cook, clean, buy the first pair of heels, become a counselor when the first menstrual cycle begins, exercise, eat properly and respect their elders. I get a joy when we have Daddy-daughter dates displaying to them how a man should open a door for a woman, compliment her, and make her feel like a princess; the only thing that matters.  

My plight is my pleasure.  There are two things that I have come to identify about me.  One is that I don’t know how to halfway love.  And two, it is impossible for me NOT to love someone that looks just like me.

Life Lesson:  Only God knows the true story of the novel titled "YOU". So don't let ANYONE tell you what your next chapter should be.......especially without contacting the Author first......

Earl “EJ” Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment