Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tracy Edmonds for Tea

Girl Power Series:

A Moment with a Mogul



 Amidst my glamorously planned life, I had the chance to sit down for tea with Ms. Tracey Edmonds. I couldn’t imagine what she’d be like or how this experience would impact me as a young woman in entertainment. I could only describe it as AMAZING. 

 Confidence radiated through her like the sun on a clear spring afternoon, brightening the already rainy day. She was like the Barbie dolls of my childhood, I cherished so dearly within my endless collection. Her suit perfectly tailored, hair strategically placed, and makeup nothing less than marvelous, I waited anxiously to ask questions and hear what wisdom she had tucked away in her Prada purse.

 Aside from the glitz that is Tracey Edmonds, she shared her life lessons, triumphs, realizations, and awe-ha moments. The time that she spent to give an insight on her life was priceless. As she explained, I jotted down notes and compiled a few nuggets of truth that have assisted in the momentum of my career and passion for my life’s work. Hopefully they can help you too!

1. Small happenings can occur to change your life’s path, don’t be afraid just go with it.

2. You’ll know when you’re in the right place in your life and career.

3. Always have more than one thing in your arsenal.

4. Everything you do give one thousand and one percent. 

5. Always remember, YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL!

a. Happiness

b. Family

c. A career

c. Money

 At 22 years of age these points all gave me reassurance. I could breath easier, dream bigger, and DO ANYTHING.

 Tracey Edmonds is only one example of Girl Power! Stay tuned for more installments to the Girl Power Series, presented by Bars and Warfare Blog.

Author Lyrric Cosby Jackson 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment