Monday, April 7, 2014

Adult Parenting

Where in the world did the time of a full Motherhood and Fatherhood go?!!


This time of our lives was more than we could have ever imagined and even now it is amazing how they actually grew me up! I was taught about the world and how things worked in "their" time. Their father and I would be technologically lost without them.

OMG!!! They have such a love for us as parents. Knowing how to stop, let alone when, is amazing to me. The thing is we as parents will NEVER stop being their "GO TO". As they began to absorb man and womanhood we were so proud. The oldest, reveals that it is just what it is and if there is no solution that we can figure out as a family, then it's still in God's hands, the Middle man in our lives is true to heart, ALWAYS doing things the correct way and in order, follows the teachings of the Bible and has a deep love for all of us no matter what, the third will always be the one that will HAVE IT, no matter what the reason or person, he is the one that will have the last question to whomever or whatever, the FIXER, the one that will always be around, and the BFF, grew into what I dreamed of, a stunning example of a maternal legacy of determined women who " make it happen "and look good doing it. She rests on the love of my "3 Guyfriends". A beautiful combo that is creatively an original made by God and only God. Their smile, walk, presence, and very existence stands beyond my high hopes of giving life to such royalness. They are our pride and joy. Their father and I marvel at their tolerance and obedience that come packaged in what God gave just to us. And as I often cry a river at least once a month in how much I miss their younger days, I don't feel so alone because sometimes their father and I cry together. Just here and there and in between together. But having son three here with us for a longer moment saves our lives and hopes to continue seeing all of them become even greater as time awaits them to progress into WHATEVER they desire to become. We LOVE them so.....and if this can be called transition, then they are completely ready to take the world on!!! And for us as parents to behold the honor that they will continue to bring.  Because, we are blessed and highly favored to still be their "GO TO". 
Mom and Dad

Author I.C Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment