Friday, April 4, 2014

Feedback "Left Behind"

An Open Letter



 Hello Bars and Warfare

I believe that the no child left behind act is one of the best things for the black community. It pushes children to do well like their classmates. The blog post "left behind" is a jab to any parent that tries their best to take care of their child. Be more about the parents too, when talking about people's kids. 

My Son James Moss Jr is now a Student at AIU and Majoring in Fashion Design 

 Linda Moss



Response: "Left Behind" 
For: Linda Moss


Dear Linda

Firstly, let me start by expressing that I appreciate all feedback regarding my article “Left Behind”.  The main objective of this blog post was to “stop pushing our children through the school system, and teach them effectively and consistently”.  By the time our children reach 12th grade, you wonder why they are not passing the graduation exams (State of Georgia) needed to graduate. The article has nothing to do with challenging parenting skills or the student’s background. I want Educators to give that academic foundation needed for our children to be successful in the future. 

We want our children to overcome the obstacles and challenges needed to learn and to understand the importance of education.  So many people before us have made it possible to even obtain any level of education without all the barriers (racism, sexism).  I know you are an awesome Mother!!  I could tell how passionate you are when I read your response.  Again, this article was written NOT to take jabs at parents but to raise awareness to Educators.

Lastly, congratulations to your son James!!! AIU is my alma mater.  I completed the Bachelor’s and Master’s program there.  I am currently in the Doctoral program at Argosy University. That academic foundation that I speak of has gotten me this far on my academic journey.

As long as I am alive, I will fight for the education and rights of our children.

 

Author D. Reid




No comments:

Post a Comment