Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Golden Goddess

A Golden Moment 



I was speechless as the beautiful Oscar Award Winner was standing in front of me on the red carpet at the 2013 Golden Globes, Hollywood Film Star Halle Berry was a vision!  Being a young agent and have met so many A-Listers  I was in awe of her beauty and grace while she stood in a beautiful Versace dress.



I was pretty lucky my boss allowed me to attend as one of the representatives of his firm and I was one table away from her. On the carpet I waved foolishly and a she smiled politely while sauntering into the Beverly Hilton Hotel's talent entrance. Being this close I had to gain enough courage to say hi and a little small talk would make my evening a dream. 

Between presentations of some awards that evening I was finally strong enough to say hi to the actress. As I walked over to her table, seated with her was a who's who of Hollywood's biggest collective group of actors, actresses and filmmakers. I squared myself up near her chair as I began to kneel down, I over her her saying Carls Jr's Fresco Burger is her guilty pleasure, as George Clooney laughed I said hello Ms Berry and began to introduce myself to her, Halle's security quickly began to move towards me, she signaled them and said he has a GG pass, it's fine! 

After I introduced myself again, she said  to me I remember you from earlier on the carpet. Her scent of fresh pears and lavender only added to her beauty. I told her I was new to the business and does she have any pointers for my career in hollywood? The star replied, do great work and it will come back to you willingly over and over again. I was wowed that HALLE BERRY was talking to me! She then said her only regret was allowing people to talk her out of things and for me to always go with my gut instinct. 



This golden moment has made such an impact on my work ethic that I am now more insightful about the direction I choose to go.

Author Davon Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment